You may or may not have heard about Project Life. In case you haven’t, let Becky Higgins, its creator, explain it to you here. Very simply put, it is an easy-to-document-your-life system which draws from the art of scrapbooking. But as Becky Higgins explains on her website, this is a back-to-basics approach and it is completely up to you to make your Project Life album as layered as you want. Or not.
Anyway, I’ve decided that I want to give this a shot in the new year. Yes, I am already planning for the new year. To cut a long story short, I finally ordered my supplies during the Black Friday sale on Becky Higgins products on Amazon. They were being sold at a sweet 20% discount. My brother is coming to India in December and he will be playing courier boy for me! *can’t wait*
I’ve spent the last few days browsing through the internet to find out more information about Project Life from other bloggers. In case you are looking to get started with Project Life, here are some great resources from other bloggers:
- A fabulous starting point: Elise Blaha’s thoughts on Project Life and general Q&A
- Awesome reflections on a completed Project Life by Ali Edwards
- Superb series from Marcy Penner on Project Life
- Jamaica’s wrap up post on Project Life
- Michelle Wooderson’s weekly Project Life process
- Lisa, from GlueStickGirl, on making Project Life work for her
- How to print on journaling cards from Paislee Press
- Liz, from Paislee Press, on why she loves Project Life
- Project Life ebook: Dig Deep
- Amy Schubert’s post on her design process for Project Life
- More Project Life inspiration from Amy Schubert
- Megan, from The Nerd Nest, on page protectors and albums for Project Life
- A six-month review of Project Life by Balzer Designs
- Things to include in your Project Life album by Kam from Campfire Chic
- Katy’s Project Life process
I think these links would make for a good start in case you are curious or sitting on the fence about Project Life. Anyway, like I said earlier, I cannot wait for my brother to get me the supplies next month!
Are any of you contemplating starting Project Life in 2013 or currently working on Project Life? I would love to hear from you!